Friday, February 24, 2012

I spent Wednesday and Thursday doing the regular life-living and dish-doing thing...
But also, I cut some scraps of my favorite fabrics out of what I have on hand, in different widths and tried out a tutorial on Diary of a Quilter - by Amy Smart -
that I'd been eyeing for some time now.
It is for a self-quilting table runner and the link is below if you want to go try it for yourself.
Here is how mine turned out and I have listed it in my Etsy store.
(update: sold on eBay:)


I used an all-over roses print for the back so it is reversible -
When I was working on it, I decided to try something I'd seen in another tutorial
or video online which uses hair clips instead of pins
to secure the binding for machine sewing onto the runner.
I like these a whole lot better than getting jabbed every two seconds.  Granted, there are times when
only pins will do but for securing the binding?
These come in a pack of 12 for $1.00 at the Dollar Tree :)

Here is the link to the tutorial:  Table Runner






2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the fabrics you used. Thanks for sharing and for the link love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for the link you are more than welcome and it is the very least I could do for the time you gave showing how to create such a lovely handmade runner! (Thanks also for taking a peek! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, suggestion, question or compliment =) The only thing I would ask is that no indecent, advertising or abusive posts be placed here.