Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day Cookout: Pulled Chicken

Memorial Day weekend and I'm preparing a few dishes with mothers in mind.
My mother: I'll be making her macaroni salad (recipe to come shortly)
Mother in law: I'll be making her slaw (recipe to come shortly)
and pulled chicken. That one's mine and I'm a mother who's sharing it with you right now.
  Wicked easy (yankee term)

In your crock pot place 2/3 to a whole bag (3lb bag) of frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
3 Tablespoons of Stubbs Hickory Liquid Smoke
2 heaping Tablespoons of minced garlic in olive oil
2 Tablespoons onion powder
2 chicken bullion cubes
and just enough water to cover the chicken.
Set on low and slow cook overnight or for at least 12 hours.
*(if using fresh or unfrozen chicken you can drop that cook time down as needed)

Drain and shred, store covered or serve while warm.
By itself or on a bun, with or without bbq or hot sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, suggestion, question or compliment =) The only thing I would ask is that no indecent, advertising or abusive posts be placed here.